Anyway, details of this one…..Cherry cobbler card base stamped with cherry cobbler ink using one of the swirls from season of joy set (an essential Christmas set….). The edges were also sponged with the ink. I used some scrap vanilla cardstock (in fact you could use any colour because you can’t see it!!) that would fit over the top note die. I then cut up my scraps of Jolly holiday paper into 3 cm squares and stuck them to the scrap of vanilla. I ran this through the big shot and tied some ribbon (another FREE product from last months promotion) around the bottom of the top note shape. I used the 1 3/4″ circle punch and the word window punch to create the olive and cherry baubles and then stamped the tidings of comfort and joy stamp from the Word Play set. I used the olive and cherry cobbler marker to colour the stamp. I used the punches to make a third bauble (which is mounted with dimensionals). The baubles have a hole punched in the top and some cord attached. The top note is attached to the top of the card with dimensionals. The inside was decorated using a top note cut in vanilla and stamped with a sentiment from Many merry messages (loving that set too!) as well as some swirls from the season of joy set (always good to repeat elements). Very simple, but really finished the card….sometimes the inside looks as great as the outside. I have even just started putting the ‘merry christmas’ part on the inside if I have an intricate cardfront……and I’m also loving that too!!
This card was actually a card sketch I’ve seen somewhere (anyone know where????). I have used up some partially cut up pieces of the Jolly Holiday DSP to make up the background (the most basic and best way to utilise a great DSP in card making). I have then cut some vanilla cardstock and then a bigger piece of old olive to mount it on. The edge of the old olive cardstock is put through a lace edge punch. An old olive ornament was stamped on the cardstock . The other baubles were stamped (using cherry cobbler ink and choc chip ink) on smaller scraps of cardstock and punched, mounted on dimensionals and some basic rhinestones added for pizazz. I used the coordinating markers to draw in the strings for the baubles using my grid paper and a ruler to make sure they were straight……(or as straight as my new medication would allow) I have tied some narrow grosgrain around the piece of old olive before adhering……..do you notice that I have used different ribbons and paper – I have purposely decided to use things up with these cards….so when I ran out of choc chip grosgrain, I used the vanilla……noone will know, they will not be in the room when they receive it…..you should try and use up your excess stuff when making multiple cards like this….even invitations etc….noone will see each others!!! Swap the colours if it means you save some $$$$$
Ok, back later with todays cards…….
All images © Stampin’Up! 1990 – 2010